The Journal of Computer Applications in Archaeology (JCAA) is a peer-reviewed, open access, electronic journal, featuring papers in all the disciplines related to digital archaeology, including but not limited to 3D modelling, spatial analysis, remote sensing, geophysics, field recording techniques, databases, semantic web, statistics, data mining, simulation modelling, network analysis and digital reconstructions of the past. The journal welcomes papers reporting original research, as well as papers that critically reflect on the use and impact of digital technologies in archaeology.
Call for Editorial Board Members
We are currently looking for new members of our Editorial Board, who are motivated to help increase the journal’s reach and impact, for a term of 3 years.
- promote JCAA within your field of expertise; you will be asked to actively solicit contributions from colleagues, to represent JCAA at academic conferences, and to spread notifications via social media and email
- help to evaluate incoming proposals for papers and Special Collections
- participate in the review process and copyediting of papers
- on occasion, advise the Editors on matters regarding the journal’s policies and procedures
- expertise in one or more subfields of computational archaeology, as evidenced through a completed PhD thesis
- at least 6 published peer-reviewed papers
- preferably, familiarity with the academic editorial process, e.g. through editing a peer-reviewed volume or having been on an Editorial Board before
If you are interested in helping to make our journal grow, diversify and increase its impact, you are encouraged to apply here. We aim to have maximum diversity in disciplinary subfields, geographical spread, seniority and gender. We are therefore especially encouraging applications from candidates from outside W Europe / N America, and from early career researchers.
Posted on 26 Jun 2020
Special issue: abstract submission extension
Due to the cancellation of the CAA meeting, we have extended the call for abstracts for the special issue "Fighting illicit trade in antiquities with digital technology". The call will now remain open until the end of 2020. There are further details, including information on how to submit, on our collections page: journal.caa-international.org/about/special-collections/
Posted on 23 Mar 2020